Of the 87 startups valued at $1 billion (₹6700 crores) or more in the US (United States of America) as on January 1, 2016, as many as 14 have Indian founders, compared to only 3 for China.
Since Canada realistically does not count as a foreign country in USA, the effective No.2 is UK with 8 startups, followed by Israel with 7 startups.
Founders of Indian startups are not the only ones shaping the American economy, individual Indians who have made it big in America include:
- Sundar Pichai, CEO, Google
- Satya Nadella, CEO, Microsoft
- Indra Nooyi, Chairperson & CEO, Pepsico
- Shantanu Narayen, CEO, Adobe
- Francisco D’Souza, CEO, Cognizant
- Ajay Banga, President & CEO, MasterCard
- Rajeev Suri, President & CEO, Nokia
- Sanjay Kumar Jha, CEO, Global Foundries
- Dinesh Paliwal, CEO, Harman International, a Samsung Company
- Sanjay Mehrotra, CEO, SanDisk
- George Kurien, CEO, NetApp
- Ashok Vemuri, CEO, Conduent
NOTE: The list above is NOT exhaustive.