I have been doing Data Analytics Studies on the Coronavirus Pandemic for 235 days and have written 231 research-based articles on COVID-19 in these 235 days.
The archaic American system—which has been counting votes for 57 hours and will continue to do so for at least another 57—will result in the world knowing who the next POTUS is probably some time on Saturday. In the meantime, the COVID19 pandemic is affecting people and taking lives like never before.
Thursday, 5 November witnessed a record highest daily count of 608,550 Covid-19 cases worldwide, 7.15% higher than the previous record of 567,964 cases set on Friday, 30 October.
This was primarily due to record cases in USA (118,319), France (58,046), Italy (34,505), Poland (27,143), Spain (21,908), and Germany (21,757). Many other countries reported cases which counted amongst their five highest daily tallies.
Yes, the “second wave” in the USA and most Europe is much worse than the first. Will we see the same thing in India and South America?
As the USA still awaits the results of its presidential elections on late Friday night, it will become the first country to cross 10 million (1 crore) cases and its Texas state will become the first to cross 1 million cases.
On early Sunday morning in India, the world will cross 50 million cases. Columbia and the UK entered the 1-million-case ‘club’ in the last 8 days.
An average of 523,345 cases per day have been reported worldwide in the last 7 days, compared to 473,587 cases in the previous 7-day period (23-29 October).
READ THESE RECENT POSTS:
Trump would Win in Russia, Poland & Hungary; Close Call in UK, Australia & India
Daily New Cases Slow Down as India Crosses 80 lakh (8 million) Mark
Ambanis are World’s 5th Richest Family
Only 34% of Indians give thumbs up to Donald Trump; 78% for Narendra Modi
BAD FRIDAY: Almost 5,00,000 Cases in a Day
40 million (4 crore) Covid-19 Cases
Narendra Modi becomes longest-serving non-Congress Prime Minister of India
Ram Mandir in Ayodhya after 491 years
Indian Air Force gets first 5 RAFALEs
Did my article cause panic in some state governments?
Fact Check: Are women leaders managing Covid better than male leaders?
Does Rahul Gandhi Have Memory Loss?
Indians Rising in Foreign Governments
The Army Chief vs. the Prime Minister
Why Did Chinese Troops Enter India?
Grow Up Mr. Rahul Gandhi — The Enemy is NOT Modi; it IS China
LATEST UPDATES (at 09:00 am UTC; 6 November 2020):
- The world has crossed 49.089 million (4.9 crore) cases
- The global death toll is over 1.24 million (12.4 lakh)
- With 8,412,528 cases and 125,044 deaths, India is No.2 in cases and No.3 in deaths in the world
- India’s Maharashtra state, with 1,703,444 cases and 44,804 deaths, would rank No.5 in cases and No.6 in deaths if it were a country
- 3 countries have crossed 5 million (50 lakh) cases (up from 0 on April 3)
- 9 countries have crossed 1 million cases (up from 0 on April 3)
- 12 countries have crossed 750,000 (7.5 lakh) cases (up from 0 on April 3)
- 16 countries have crossed 500,000 cases (up from 0 on April 3)
- 31 countries have crossed 250,000 cases (up from 1 on April 3)
- 52 countries have crossed 100,000 cases (up from 3 on April 3)
- 3 countries have crossed 125,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 4 countries have crossed 90,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 12 countries have crossed 30,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 13 countries have crossed 20,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 22 countries have crossed 10,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 33 countries have crossed 5,000 deaths (up from 5 on April 3)
- 42 countries have crossed 2,500 deaths (up from 7 on April 3)