According to covid19india.org, which uses state bulletins and official Twitter handles to update their numbers 4-6 times a day, India has crossed 4,000 COVID-19 cases. Its website is reporting 4,120 cases and 108 deaths as of 8 minutes ago.
India has become the 27th country in the world with 4000+ cases.
It has taken India just 2 days to move from 3,000 to 4,000 cases, the same time it had taken to move from 2,000 to 3,000 cases, whereas it had taken four days to move from 1,000 to 2,000 cases.
At the growth rate that India has seen in the past 13 days (see my earlier post), India is likely have 10,000+ cases by 12th April, just a week from today.
While Prime Minister Narendra Modi is doing everything he can from the Coronavirus Pandemic affecting India as much as 40-50 other much worse affected countries, a fact well recognised by many world leaders, it is a real shame that some opposition parties/politicians and their supporters (or those who are not opposition supporters but hate Modi regardless) continue to make fun of his ideas and initiatives by doing things like tweeting nonsense with the hashtag #Hum_Light_Nahi_Bujhaenge and many organisations such as the Tablighi Jamaat helped spread the disease in India by not following rules and regulations.
LATEST UPDATES (at 2:30 pm UTC):
- The world now has over 1.225 million cases
- The global death toll has crossed 66,500
- USA became the first country to cross 300,000 cases. The country will most likely cross a million cases by 12th April
- Germany will most likely become the 4th country with 100,000+ cases by tomorrow
- UK became the 8th country with over 47,500 cases and should cross 50,000 tomorrow, while Portugal became the 15th country with over 11,000 cases