I have been doing Data Analytics Studies on the Coronavirus Pandemic for 75 days and have written 130 research-based blog posts on COVID-19 in these 75 days.
On May 27, i.e., between midnight of May 26/27 and May 27/28, India has reported 7,293 new cases and 190 new deaths, both of which are the highest single day figures.
The previous highest for cases was 7,113 on May 24, and the previous highest for deaths was 175 on May 4.
The number of new cases have averaged 6,418 per day in the last 9 days, whereas the number of new deaths have averaged 151 in the last 11 days. The spike in new cases and deaths are most probably due to the easing of lockdown restrictions in most states in the last few days.
Amongst the 29 countries which have reported a minimum of 30,000 cases, India has the 4th highest growth rate in cases after Chile, Brazil, and Bangladesh. Amongst the 26 countries which have reported a minimum of 1,000 deaths, India again has the 4th highest growth rate, after Mexico, Brazil, and Russia.
READ THESE RECENT POSTS:
LATEST UPDATES (at 8:15 pm UTC):
- The world has crossed 5.751 million cases
- The Top 20 countries have together crossed 4.815 million cases, which is more than 5 out of every 6 cases worldwide
- The global death toll is over 355,300
- India has crossed 158,086 cases and 4,534 deaths
- In terms of rank in no. of cases, India is at No.10 (up from No.22 on April 14)
- India’s Maharashtra state, with 56,948 cases, would rank No.20 in the world if it were a country (up from No.44 on April 24)
- Chile overtook Saudi Arabia to reach No.15 rank in cases
- Bangladesh overtook Ecuador to reach No.23 rank in cases
- 10 countries have crossed 150,000 cases (up from 1 on April 3)
- 12 countries have crossed 100,000 cases (up from 3 on April 3)
- 19 countries have crossed 50,000 cases (up from 8 on April 3)
- 30 countries have crossed 25,000 cases (up from 11 on April 3)
- 43 countries have crossed 15,000 cases (up from 16 on April 16)
- 49 countries have crossed 10,000 cases (up from 23 on April 16)
- 60 countries have crossed 7,500 cases (up from 26 on April 16)
66 countries have crossed 5,000 cases (up from 20 on April 16)
- Italy became the 3rd country to cross 33,000 deaths
- 5 countries have crossed 25,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 12 countries have crossed 5,000 deaths (up from 5 on April 3)
- 19 countries have crossed 2,500 deaths (up from 7 on April 3)
- 26 countries have crossed 1,000 deaths (up from 10 on April 3)
- 38 countries have crossed 500 deaths (up from 16 on April 16)