I have been conducting Data Analytics Studies on the Coronavirus Pandemic for 114 days and have written 177 research-based blog posts on COVID-19 in these 114 days.
The world has reached the milestone of 11 million (1.1 crore) Covid-19 cases. This means that about 1 in every 709 people on our planet have tested positive for the pandemic.
More than 25.7% of the cases are from USA alone; more than 51.1% are from the Top 4 countries — USA, Brazil, Russia and India; almost two-thirds are from the Top 10 countries; and ~82% are from the 20 countries that have reported over 100,000 cases.
Over 30% of the cases are from North America, over 22% from Europe, over 22% from Asia, and over 21% from Central & South America. The share of Central & South America and Asia has gone up in the past few weeks and the share of Europe has fallen.
About 4.76% of those affected have succumbed to the deadly disease. The Fatality Rate (percentage of those dying from the disease) has been continuously falling for several weeks now. About 57,900 patients are in critical or serious condition. About 36.7% of the deaths are from Europe, about 32.9% from North America, about 17% from Central & South America, and about 11.3% from Asia.
It took 13 days for the world to move from 1 million (10 lakh) to 2 million (20 lakh) cases, 12 days each to 3 million and 4 million cases, 11 days to 5 million cases, 9 days each to 6 million and 7 million cases, 8 days to 8 million cases, 7 days to 9 million cases, 6 days to 10 million (1 crore) cases, and again 6 days to move to 11 million (1.1 crore) cases.
Though the Coronavirus Pandemic is unlikely to reach anywhere close to the infection or death count of the Spanish Flu or HIV/AIDS pandemics, the number of confirmed COVID cases is already over 6.75 times higher that of the H1N1 Swine Flu.
The global death count from COVID-19 is already more than 28.4 times higher than the number of lab-confirmed H1N1 Swine Flu deaths reported to the WHO and is now only 11-12 days away from reaching the maximum estimated death count of H1N1.
USA’s death count from COVID-19 has already crossed the country’s death count from the Hong Kong Flu as well as the Asian Flu.
READ THESE RECENT POSTS:
LATEST UPDATES (at 1:30 pm UTC; 3 July 2020):
- The world has crossed 11.028 million cases
- The global death toll is over 524,900
- With 632,998 cases and 18,311 deaths. India is No.4 in the world in cases and No.8 in deaths. Maharashtra state, with 186,626 cases and 8,178 deaths, would rank No.16 in cases and No.15 in deaths if it were a country
- Saudi Arabia became the 14th country to cross 200,000 cases
- 4 countries have crossed 600,000 cases (up from 0 on April 3)
- 8 countries have crossed 250,000 cases (up from 1 on April 3)
- 18 countries have crossed 150,000 cases (up from 1 on April 3)
- 20 countries have crossed 100,000 cases (up from 3 on April 3)
- 31 countries have crossed 50,000 cases (up from 8 on April 3)
- 51 countries have crossed 25,000 cases (up from 11 on April 3)
- Peru became the 10th country to cross 10,000 deaths
- 2 countries have crossed 60,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 7 countries have crossed 25,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 10 countries have crossed 10,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 18 countries have crossed 5,000 deaths (up from 5 on April 3)
- 25 countries have crossed 2,500 deaths (up from 7 on April 3)
- 37 countries have crossed 1,000 deaths (up from 10 on April 3)