I have been conducting Data Analytics Studies on the Coronavirus Pandemic for 112 days and have written 174 research-based blog posts on COVID-19 in these 112 days.
USA recorded an average of 30,344 new daily cases in the 7-day period April 22-28. This went down to 28,954 average daily cases during April 29 – May 5 and then there was a sharp 14.5% decline to 24,749 average daily cases during May 6-12.
As the decline continued to 23,847 cases/day during May 13-19, 22,472 cases/day during May 20-26, a slight increase to 22,670 cases/day during May 27 – June 2 and 21,282 cases/day during June 3-9, I must have been among the tens of thousands of Covid-19 watchers worldwide who assumed that America has the pandemic under control.
Then there was an increase of 10.1% to 23,435 cases/day during June 10-16 and I believed it may be an aberration.
However, this was followed by a massive increase of almost 31%, with the 7-day period June 17-23 recording an average of 30,688 daily cases, which was the highest ever.
Shockingly, this was followed by an even more massive increase of 40% as USA has recorded an average of 42,980 cases in the last 7 days (June 24-30). The increase in 14 days is 83.4%.
What is the reason? Is it the opening up after partial or complete lockdowns in different states? Is it people getting careless? Will this happen to other countries as well?
I don’t know the answer/s but one thing is for sure — those who said the virus will die in the summer better eat their words!!!
READ THESE RECENT POSTS:
Why Did Chinese Troops Enter India?
India Breaches 20,000 Daily Case Mark; Pakistan Joins the 200,000 Case Club
500,000 (5 lakh) Covid-19 DEATHS
10 million (1 crore) Covid-19 cases
Record Daily Cases in USA and India lead to almost 2 lakh daily cases worldwide
India Crosses 500,000 Covid-19 Cases
India FINALLY Tests 0.5% of Population — BUT IT IS STILL NOT ENOUGH!!!
Why China Should Actually Have Over 4.08 Million Cases?
Grow Up Mr. Rahul Gandhi — The Enemy is NOT Modi; it IS China
Why is India’s Positivity Rate for Covid-19 Cases keeping on Climbing?
Which Indian States are conducting the most and least number of Covid-19 Tests?
What Does this World Map Show?
LATEST UPDATES (at 2:30 pm UTC; 1 July 2020):
- The world has crossed 10.632 million cases
- The global death toll is over 515,000
- With 593,704 cases and 17,521 deaths. India is No.4 in the world in cases and No.8 in deaths. Maharashtra state, with 174,761 cases and 7,855 deaths, would rank No.16 in cases and No.15 in deaths if it were a country
- South Africa became the 17th country to cross 150,000 cases
- 8 countries have crossed 250,000 cases (up from 0 on April 1)
- 17 countries have crossed 150,000 cases (up from 1 on April 3)
- 19 countries have crossed 100,000 cases (up from 3 on April 3)
- 31 countries have crossed 50,000 cases (up from 8 on April 3)
- 50 countries have crossed 25,000 cases (up from 11 on April 3)
- 58 countries have crossed 15,000 cases (up from 16 on April 16)
- 66 countries have crossed 10,000 cases (up from 23 on April 16)
- USA crossed 130,000 deaths
- 2 countries have crossed 50,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 7 countries have crossed 25,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 9 countries have crossed 10,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 18 countries have crossed 5,000 deaths (up from 5 on April 3)
- 25 countries have crossed 2,500 deaths (up from 7 on April 3)
- 37 countries have crossed 1,000 deaths (up from 10 on April 3)
- 49 countries have crossed 500 deaths (up from 16 on April 16)