I have been conducting Data Analytics Studies on the Coronavirus Pandemic for 119 days and have written 187 research-based blog posts on COVID-19 in these 119 days.
The world has reached the milestone of 12 million (1.2 crore) Covid-19 cases. This means that about 1 in every 650 people on our planet have tested positive for the pandemic.
More than 25.8% of the cases are from USA alone; almost 52% are from the Top 4 countries — USA, Brazil, India and Russia; almost two-thirds are from the Top 10 countries; and about 82.8% are from the 21 countries with over 100,000 cases.
Over 30.25% of the cases are from North America, over 22.6% from Asia, ~21.8% from Central & South America, and almost 21% from Europe. The share of Central & South America and Asia has gone up in the past month and the share of Europe has fallen.
About 4.56% of those affected have succumbed to the deadly disease. The Fatality Rate (percentage of those dying from the disease) has been continuously falling for several weeks now. About 58,300 patients are in critical or serious condition. About 35.6% of the deaths are from Europe, about 32.6% from North America, about 17.7% from Central & South America, and about 11.9% from Asia.
It took 13 days for the world to move from 1 million (10 lakh) to 2 million (20 lakh) cases, 12 days each to 3 million and 4 million, 11 days to 5 million, 9 days each to 6 million and 7 million, 8 days to 8 million cases, 7 days to 9 million, 6 days each to 10 million (1 crore) and 11 million cases, and now only 5 days to move to 12 million (1.2 crore) cases.
Though the Coronavirus Pandemic is unlikely to reach anywhere close to the infection or death count of the Spanish Flu or HIV/AIDS pandemics, the number of lab confirmed COVID-19 cases is already over 24.4 times higher that of the H1N1 Swine Flu.
The global death count from COVID-19 is already more than 29.7 times higher than the number of lab-confirmed H1N1 Swine Flu deaths reported to the WHO and is now only 6-7 days away from reaching H1N1’s maximum estimated death count of 575,000. USA’s death count from COVID-19 has already crossed the country’s death count from the Hong Kong Flu as well as the Asian Flu.
OTHER COVID-19 HEADLINES:
- USA is minutes away from crossing 3.1 million (31 lakh) cases
- India became the 3rd country to cross 750,000 (7.5 lakh) cases
- Russia became the 4th country to cross 700,000 (7 lakh) cases
- Chile overtook Spain and became the 6th country to cross 300,000 (3 lakh) cases
- South Africa overtook Turkey to reach the No.14 rank in cases (it was at the No. 17 position just 6 days ago)
- Iraq overtook Ecuador and Belarus to reach the No.27 rank in cases (it was not in the Top 30 on June 30)
- 4 countries (Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Philippines, Oman) crossed 50,000 cases today
READ THESE RECENT POSTS:
LATEST UPDATES (at 2:30 pm UTC; 8 July 2020):
- The world has crossed 12 million cases
- The global death toll is over 547,670
- With 753,354 cases and 20,803 deaths. India is No.3 in the world in cases and No.8 in deaths. Maharashtra state, with 217,121 cases and 9,250 deaths, would rank No.13 in cases and No.13 in deaths if it were a country
- 4 countries have crossed 700,000 cases (up from 0 on April 3)
- 9 countries have crossed 250,000 cases (up from 1 on April 3)
- 18 countries have crossed 150,000 cases (up from 1 on April 3)
- 21 countries have crossed 100,000 cases (up from 3 on April 3)
- 37 countries have crossed 50,000 cases (up from 8 on April 3)
- 52 countries have crossed 25,000 cases (up from 11 on April 3)
- 2 countries have crossed 66,800 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 7 countries have crossed 25,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 11 countries have crossed 10,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 18 countries have crossed 5,000 deaths (up from 5 on April 3)
- 26 countries have crossed 2,500 deaths (up from 7 on April 3)
- 38 countries have crossed 1,000 deaths (up from 10 on April 3)