I have been conducting Data Analytics Studies on the Coronavirus Pandemic for 123 days and have written 192 research-based blog posts on COVID-19 in these 123 days.
The world reached the milestone of 13 million (1.3 crore) Covid-19 cases around 11:00 pm UTC last night. The case count is now over 13.062 million. This means that about 1 in every 597 people on our planet have tested positive for the pandemic.
More than 26.1% of the cases are from USA alone; almost 52.8% are from the Top 4 countries — USA, Brazil, India and Russia; two-thirds are from the Top 10 countries; and over 83.6% (more than 5 out of 6) are from the 22 countries with over 100,000 cases.
Over 30.6% of the cases are from North America, over 22.75% from Asia, ~22.2% from Central & South America, and ~19.75% from Europe. The share of Central & South America and Asia has gone up in the past month and the share of Europe has fallen.
About 4.38% of those affected have succumbed to the deadly disease. The Fatality Rate (percentage of those dying from the disease) has been continuously falling for several weeks now. About 58,700 patients are in critical or serious condition. About 34.4% of the deaths are from Europe, about 32.5% from North America, about 18.4% from Central & South America, and about 12.4% from Asia.
It took 13 days for the world to move from 1 million (10 lakh) to 2 million cases, 12 days each to 3 million and 4 million, 11 days to 5 million, 9 days each to 6 million and 7 million, 8 days to 8 million cases, 7 days to 9 million, 6 days each to 10 million (1 crore) and 11 million, 5 days to 12 million, and now 5 days again to 13 million (1.3 crore) cases.
Though the Coronavirus Pandemic is unlikely to reach anywhere close to the infection or death count of the Spanish Flu or HIV/AIDS pandemics, the number of lab confirmed COVID-19 cases is already over 26.5 times higher that of the H1N1 Swine Flu.
The global death count from COVID-19 is already over 31 times higher than the number of lab-confirmed H1N1 Swine Flu deaths reported to the WHO and is now only a day away from reaching H1N1’s maximum estimated death count of 575,400. USA’s death count from COVID-19 has already crossed the country’s death count from the Hong Kong Flu as well as the Asian Flu.
OTHER COVID-19 HEADLINES:
- Pakistan became the 12th country to cross 250,000 (2.5 lakh) cases
- Colombia became the 19th country to cross 150,000 cases
- Argentina became the 22nd country to cross 100,000 (1 lakh) cases; 6 countries in Central & South America have now crossed 100,000 cases
READ THESE RECENT POSTS:
LATEST UPDATES (at 11:30 am UTC; 13 July 2020):
- The world has crossed 13.062 million cases
- The global death toll is over 572,200
- With 879,902 cases and 23,200 deaths. India is No.3 in the world in cases and No.8 in deaths. Maharashtra state, with 254,427 cases and 10,289 deaths, would rank No.12 in cases and No.12 in deaths if it were a country
- 4 countries have crossed 700,000 cases (up from 0 on April 3)
- 12 countries have crossed 250,000 cases (up from 1 on April 3)
- 19 countries have crossed 150,000 cases (up from 1 on April 3)
- 22 countries have crossed 100,000 cases (up from 3 on April 3)
- 37 countries have crossed 50,000 cases (up from 8 on April 3)
- 53 countries have crossed 25,000 cases (up from 11 on April 3)
- 2 countries have crossed 70,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 7 countries have crossed 25,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 11 countries have crossed 10,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 21 countries have crossed 5,000 deaths (up from 5 on April 3)
- 26 countries have crossed 2,500 deaths (up from 7 on April 3)
- 40 countries have crossed 1,000 deaths (up from 10 on April 3)