According to covid19india.org, which uses state bulletins and official Twitter handles to update their numbers 4-6 times a day, India has crossed 8,000 COVID-19 cases. Its website is reporting 8,008 cases and 255 deaths as of 12 minutes ago.
India has become the 22nd country in the world with 8000+ cases (it was 24th to cross 5,000 cases and 27th to cross 4,000 cases). The rank in terms of number of deaths is 24.
In terms of states, Maharashtra leads with 1,666 cases and 110 deaths, followed by Tamil Nadu with 969 cases and 10 deaths and Delhi with 903 cases and 14 deaths. One state which is bigger than Tamil Nadu by population (and obviously far bigger than Delhi) seems to be suppressing data, supposedly for political benefits – STRANGE?
It has taken India just one day to move from 7,000 to 8,000 cases. It took 4 days to move from 1,000 to 2,000 cases, 2 days from 2,000 to 3,000 cases, 2 days from 3,000 to 4,000 cases, 2 days from 4,000 to 5,000 cases, 2 days from 5,000 to 6,000 cases and just one day to move from 6,000 to 7,000 cases.
At the growth rate India has had in the past 7 days, we are likely to cross 10,000 cases by 13th April, just 2 days from today.
While Prime Minister Narendra Modi is doing everything he can to prevent the Coronavirus Pandemic from affecting India as much as 30 other much worse affected countries (in terms of people affected as a percentage of population), a fact that has been well recognised by many world leaders several times in the past 20 days, it is a shame that some opposition parties/politicians and their supporters (or those who are not opposition supporters but still hate Modi regardless) continue to make fun of his ideas and initiatives. One particular madam gave such advice to the PM that even a 12-year-old said was stupid. Another madam is suppressing numbers from her state.
However, it is good to see that most state Chief Ministers are partnering with Modi and the Government of India to help save our lives.
See Daily Update on Coronavirus Worldwide Growth
See Post on Recoveries vs. Deaths in the 23 countries with most cases
See Post titled “Slowdown Due To Lockdown”
See Post on Data about USA and its Top States with Coronavirus
LATEST UPDATES (at 7:25 pm IST):
- The world now has over 1.722 million cases
- The global death toll is over 104,700
- Iran became the 8th country to cross 70,000 cases, Belgium the 10th to cross 28,000, Portugal the 15th to cross 15,000, Sweden the 20th to cross 10,000, Ireland the 21st to cross 8,000, Ecuador the 23rd to cross 7,000, and Poland the 28th country to cross 6,000 cases
32 countries have crossed 5,000 cases (up from 16 on March 31)
36 countries have crossed 4,000 cases (up from 29 on April 6)
41 countries have crossed 3,000 cases (up from 30 on April 6)
52 countries have crossed 2,000 (up from 30 on March 31)
68 countries have crossed 1,000 cases (up from 44 on March 31)
- 4 countries have 13,000+ deaths (up from 2 on April 3)
- 6 countries have 4000+ deaths (up from 4 on April 3)
- 10 countries have 2500+ deaths (up from 8 on April 3)
- 13 countries have 1000+ deaths (up from 10 on April 3)
- 15 countries have 500+ deaths (up from 12 on April 3)
- 34 countries have 100+ deaths (up from 23 on April 3)