I have been conducting Data Analytics Studies on the Coronavirus Pandemic for 97 days and have written 150 research-based blog posts on COVID-19 in these 97 days.
The small European kingdom of Monaco, located on the South-east coast of France, with just 39,230 people, has tested 41.3% of its population for Covid-19. Amongst larger countries, UAE, with 9.885 million people, has tested over 26.56% of its population; Bahrain, with 1.698 million people, has tested over 25.46% of its population; Denmark, with 5.791 million people, has tested over 14% of its population; and Lithuania, with 2,723 million people, has tested over 13.56% of its population.
Amongst countries with over 50,000 confirmed Covid-19 cases, Russia (population 145.932 million) has tested >10.54%; Qatar (2.808 million) has tested >10.51%; Spain (46.754 million) has tested >10.32%; and UK (67.872 million) has tested >10.11%.
Belgium (11.588 million) is at >9%, Belarus (9.449 million) at >8%, Italy (60.465 million) and USA (330.923 million) at over 7.6% each, Canada (37.728 million) at >5.78%, Germany (83.773 million) at >5.6%, and Brazil (212.496 million) at >5%.
All 24 countries (except China) with over 50,000 confirmed cases have tested an average of 2.85% of their combined populations. In comparison, India has tested only 0.43% of its population, with a testing rate of just 15.1% of this average.
Leaving aside the much richer USA, India’s testing rate is just 8.5% that of Brazil, another large country.
When is this situation going to change, Prime MinisterModi? Against an average of 147,363 tests per day between June 9 and 14, the number of tests went down to 115,519 yesterday. Why, Health MinisterDr. Harsh Vardhan? Is it to reduce the number of cases being reported in order to avoid panic? If yes, this is wrong. Even people who voted for Modi in 2014 as well as 2019 are now beginning to lose faith in this government.
READ THESE RECENT POSTS:
LATEST UPDATES (at 1:30 pm UTC; June 16, 2020):
- The world has crossed 8.013 million cases
- The global death toll is over 435,950
- India has reported 344,788 cases and 9,926 deaths so far. In number of cases, India is No.4 in the world (up from No.22 on April 14). India’s Maharashtra state, with 110,744 cases, would rank No.17 if it were a country (up from No.44 on April 24)
- Mexico became the 14th country to cross 150,000 cases
- 6 countries have crossed 250,000 cases (up from 0 on April 1)
- 14 countries have crossed 150,000 cases (up from 1 on April 3)
- 16 countries have crossed 100,000 cases (up from 3 on April 3)
- 25 countries have crossed 50,000 cases (up from 8 on April 3)
- 41 countries have crossed 25,000 cases (up from 11 on April 3)
- 53 countries have crossed 15,000 cases (up from 16 on April 16)
- 62 countries have crossed 10,000 cases (up from 23 on April 16)
- Iran became the 10th country to cross 9,000 deaths
- Saudi Arabia became the 33rd country to cross 1,000 deaths
- 3 countries have crossed 40,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 6 countries have crossed 25,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 15 countries have crossed 5,000 deaths (up from 5 on April 3)
- 21 countries have crossed 2,500 deaths (up from 7 on April 3)
- 33 countries have crossed 1,000 deaths (up from 10 on April 3)
- 43 countries have crossed 500 deaths (up from 16 on April 16)