I have been conducting Data Analytics Studies on the Coronavirus Pandemic for 147 days and have written 213 research-based blog posts on COVID-19 in these 147 days.
The world has crossed the milestone of 19 million (1.9 crore) Covid-19 cases. This means that about 1 in every 410 people on our planet have tested positive for the pandemic.
About 26.2% of the cases are from USA alone; 51.6% are from the Top 3 countries — USA, Brazil and India; 69.3% are from the Top 10 countries; and more than 81.7% are from the 19 countries which have reported over 200,000 cases.
Approximately 30.8% of the cases have been reported from North America, ~24.8% from Asia, ~23.4%% from Central & South America, and ~15.6% from Europe. The share of Central & South America and Asia has gone up in the past 9-10 weeks and the share of Europe has fallen substantially.
About 3.75% of those affected have succumbed to the deadly disease. The Fatality Rate (percentage of those dying from the disease) has been continuously falling for several weeks now. About 65,500 patients are in critical or serious condition. About 28.8% of the deaths are from Europe, ~32% from North America, ~21.5% from Central & South America, and ~14.6% from Asia.
It took 13 days for the world to move from 1 million (10 lakh) to 2 million cases, 12 days each to 3 million and 4 million, 11 days to 5 million, 9 days each to 6 million and 7 million, 8 days to 8 million cases, 7 days to 9 million, 6 days each to 10 million (1 crore) and 11 million, 5 days each to 12 million and 13 million, 4½ days each to 14 million and 15 million, 4 days each to 16 million, 17 million and 18 million, and now again 4 days to 19 million (1.9 crore) cases.
An average of 255,442 cases per day have been recorded in the past seven days.
Though the Coronavirus Pandemic is unlikely to reach anywhere close to the infection or death count of the Spanish Flu or HIV/AIDS pandemics, the number of lab confirmed COVID-19 cases is already over 38.7 times higher than the number of lab-confirmed H1N1 Swine Flu cases reported to the World Health Organization (WHO).
The global death count from COVID-19 is already over 38.6 times higher than the number of lab-confirmed H1N1 Swine Flu deaths reported to WHO and is already almost 1.24 times its maximum estimated death count of 575,400.
OTHER COVID-19 HEADLINES:
- USA crossed 4.974 million (49.74 lac) cases and is likely to cross 5 million cases in the next few hours.
- India crossed 1.9 million cases.
- South Africa became the fifth country to cross 500,000 cases.
- Mexico became the sixth country to cross 450,000 cases.
- Spain became the ninth country to cross 350,000 cases.
- Colombia overtook UK and Iran to reach the No.10 rank in cases. The Top 10 now have 5 countries from Central & South America (Brazil, Mexico, Peru, Chile and Colombia), 2 from Europe (Russia and Spain), USA, India and South Africa.
- Saudi Arabia overtook Pakistan to reach the No.13 rank in cases.
- Argentina overtook France and Germany to reach the No.18 rank in cases.
- There have been several changes in the 22nd to 30th rank. Philippines is now No.22, Indonesia 23, Canada 24, Qatar 2, Kazakhstan 26, Egypt 27, Ecuador 28, Bolivia (a new entrant into the Top 30) at No.29 and China at No.30. Yes, incredibly, the one and only China is now at the No.30 rank in cases!!!
- Peru became the ninth country to cross 20,000 deaths.
- Iraq became the 24th country to cross 5,000 deaths.
READ THESE RECENT POSTS:
Ram Mandir in Ayodhya after 491 years
Why is Indian Government Telling Us Half-Truths About Testing?
Indian Air Force gets first 5 RAFALEs
India’s Positivity Rate Continues to Climb
Did my article cause panic in some state governments? India logs 45,600 cases!!!
Which Indian States are managing Coronavirus well and which are not?
Fact Check: Are women leaders managing Covid better than male leaders?
Are Some European Nations Purposely Hiding Covid-19 Cases and Deaths?
Does Rahul Gandhi Have Memory Loss?
What Does This World Map Show Us?
Indians Rising in Foreign Governments
The Army Chief vs. the Prime Minister
Why Did Chinese Troops Enter India?
Grow Up Mr. Rahul Gandhi — The Enemy is NOT Modi; it IS China
LATEST UPDATES (at 1:00 pm UTC; 6 August 2020):
- The world has crossed 19.021 million (1.9 crore) cases
- The global death toll is over 712,000
- With 1,977,972 cases and 40,888 deaths, India is No.3 in cases and No.5 in deaths.
- India’s Maharashtra state, with 468,265 cases and 16,476 deaths, would rank No.6 in cases and No.11 in deaths if it were a country
- 4 countries have crossed 750,000 cases (up from 0 on April 3)
- 7 countries have crossed 400,000 cases (up from 0 on April 3)
- 14 countries have crossed 250,000 cases (up from 1 on April 3)
- 20 countries have crossed 150,000 cases (up from 1 on April 3)
- 25 countries have crossed 100,000 cases (up from 3 on April 3)
- 45 countries have crossed 50,000 cases (up from 8 on April 3)
- 2 countries have crossed 97,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 5 countries have crossed 40,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 9 countries have crossed 20,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 12 countries have crossed 10,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 24 countries have crossed 5,000 deaths (up from 5 on April 3)
- 31 countries have crossed 2,500 deaths (up from 7 on April 3)
- 46 countries have crossed 1,000 deaths (up from 10 on April 3)