I have been doing Data Analytics Studies on the Coronavirus Pandemic for 79 days and have written 135 research-based blog posts on COVID-19 in these 79 days.
About an hour ago, India reported it had crossed 188,625 cases, thus overtaking France to reach the No.7 rank in number of COVID-19 cases. Earlier today, India overtook Germany (183,420 cases) to reach the No.8 rank.
On May 1, India was No.16 worldwide in number of cases. On May 4, India overtook the Netherlands to reach No.15. On May 7, India overtook Belgium to reach No.14. On May 11, India overtook Peru to reach the No.13 rank. The very next day (May 12), India overtook Canada to reach No.12. On May 16, India overtook China to reach No.11. On May 25, India overtook Iran to reach No.10. Two days ago, on May 29, India overtook Turkey to reach the No.9 rank.
Five days ago, I had written that, at the then growth rate of the Top 10 countries, it will take India 5 days to overtake Germany and France to reach the No.7 rank, 10 days to overtake Italy to reach the No.6 rank, and 14 days to overtake UK and Spain to reach the No.4 rank in the world. Based on revised growth figures of the past 5 days, it will now take India 6 days to overtake Italy to reach the No.6 rank, and 11 days to overtake both UK and Spain to reach the No.4 rank in the world.
Yes, India is expected to have the world’s fourth most number of Coronavirus cases — after USA, Brazil and Russia — in just 11 more days, or by June 11. However, at just 138 cases per million, India is way behind USA (5,515), Brazil (2,364), and Russia (2,781). But we must also factor that India has conducted far fewer tests per million (2,711) than USA (52,472), Brazil (50,148), and Russia (72,935).
READ THESE RECENT POSTS:
Brazil 500 not out, Russia 400 not out
India Becomes 13th Country with 5,000+ Covid-19 Deaths
4 Countries including India account for 55% of New Covid-19 Cases in Last 6 Days
Brazil 2nd Country with 400,000+ Covid-19 Cases, 6th with 25,000+ Deaths
India Reports Highest Single Day Coronavirus Cases And Deaths
Why Has Testing Reduced in India?
US Covid-19 Death Toll Crosses 100,000
India Crosses 150,000 COVID-19 Cases
Asia Crosses 1,000,000 Covid-19 Cases
Memorial Day Becomes Memorable Day
LATEST UPDATES (at 5:00 pm UTC; May 31, 2020):
- The world has crossed 6.210 million cases
- The Top 20 countries account for more than 5 out of every 6 cases worldwide
- The global death toll is over 372,000
- India has crossed 190,536 cases and 5,406 deaths. In terms of number of cases, India is at the No.7 rank in the world (up from No.22 on April 14). India’s Maharashtra state, with 67,655 cases, would rank No.19 in the world if it were a country (up from No.44 on April 24)
- Peru and Iran became the 11th and 12th countries to cross 150,000 cases
- 12 countries have crossed 150,000 cases (up from 1 on April 3)
- 12 countries have crossed 100,000 cases (up from 3 on April 3)
- 20 countries have crossed 50,000 cases (up from 8 on April 3)
- 33 countries have crossed 25,000 cases (up from 11 on April 3)
- 45 countries have crossed 15,000 cases (up from 16 on April 16)
- 52 countries have crossed 10,000 cases (up from 23 on April 16)
- 62 countries have crossed 7,500 cases (up from 26 on April 16)
68 countries have crossed 5,000 cases (up from 20 on April 16)
- Canada became the 11th country to cross 7,000 deaths
- 6 countries have crossed 25,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 13 countries have crossed 5,000 deaths (up from 5 on April 3)
- 19 countries have crossed 2,500 deaths (up from 7 on April 3)
- 26 countries have crossed 1,000 deaths (up from 10 on April 3)
- 41 countries have crossed 500 deaths (up from 16 on April 16)