I have been conducting Data Analytics Studies on the Coronavirus Pandemic for 137 days and have written 208 research-based blog posts on COVID-19 in these 137 days.
India has conducted 1,68,06,803 Covid tests until yesterday, which translates to 12,171 Tests per Million people (TPM).
UK has conducted 17.9 times more TPMs than India, Russia 15.3 times, USA 13.5 times and Brazil 4.9 times.
Almost 30% of these tests have been conducted in the past two weeks and just over half (50.03%) have been conducted in the past four weeks.
Amongst the top 30 countries in number of cases, while India was in the No.25 position in the testing coverage, it has moved up to the No.24 position yesterday by crossing Philippines and I expect India to move up to the No.23 position today or tomorrow, by crossing Ecuador.
The countries which have done less TPMs than India are Philippines, Pakistan, Mexico, Bangladesh, Indonesia and Egypt.
As I have been saying for more than three and a half months, aggressive testing is very important, even so for a large country like India, and I sincerely hope India continues to climb up the ranks.
The other 29 countries in the top 30 have done 5.62 times more TPMs than India.
OTHER COVID-19 HEADLINES:
- The World will cross 16.5 million (1.65 crore) cases today.
- Colombia overtook Italy to reach the No.14 rank in cases.
- Five of the Top 14 countries (in cases) are now from Central & South America.
- Bangladesh overtook Turkey to reach the No.16 rank in cases.
- Iraq overtook Qatar to reach the No.22 rank in cases.
- Indonesia became the 24th country to cross 100,000 cases.
- In a major reshuffle at the bottom of the Top 30 countries, Kazakhstan is now No.27, Philippines is No.28, Ecuador is No.29, and Sweden is down to No.30.
READ THESE RECENT POSTS:
30% of India’s Covid cases have been recorded in the past 10 days
India’s Positivity Rate Continues to Climb
Did my article cause panic in some state governments? India logs 45,600 cases!!!
Which Indian States are managing Coronavirus well and which are not?
Fact Check: Are women leaders managing Covid better than male leaders?
Are Some European Nations Purposely Hiding Covid-19 Cases and Deaths?
Does Rahul Gandhi Have Memory Loss?
India’s Diplomacy and Show of Strength Pay Off — China Starts Backing Out
What Does This World Map Show Us?
Indians Rising in Foreign Governments
The Army Chief vs. the Prime Minister
Why Did Chinese Troops Enter India?
Why China Should Actually Have Over 4.08 Million Cases?
Grow Up Mr. Rahul Gandhi — The Enemy is NOT Modi; it IS China
LATEST UPDATES (at 2:45 pm UTC; 27 July 2020):
- The world has crossed 16.484 million (1.648 crore) cases
- The global death toll is over 653,300
- With 14,66,059 cases and 33,129 deaths, India is No.3 in cases and No.6 in deaths.
- India’s Maharashtra state, with 3,75,799 cases and 13,656 deaths, would rank No.8 in cases and No.11 in deaths if it were a country
- 4 countries have crossed 7,50,000 cases (up from 0 on April 3)
- 7 countries have crossed 3,50,000 cases (up from 0 on April 3)
- 13 countries have crossed 250,000 cases (up from 1 on April 3)
- 20 countries have crossed 150,000 cases (up from 1 on April 3)
- 24 countries have crossed 100,000 cases (up from 3 on April 3)
- 43 countries have crossed 50,000 cases (up from 8 on April 3)
- 58 countries have crossed 25,000 cases (up from 11 on April 3)
- 2 countries have crossed 85,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 4 countries have crossed 40,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 8 countries have crossed 25,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 11 countries have crossed 10,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 22 countries have crossed 5,000 deaths (up from 5 on April 3)
- 30 countries have crossed 2,500 deaths (up from 7 on April 3)
- 44 countries have crossed 1,000 deaths (up from 10 on April 3)