I have been conducting Data Analytics Studies on the Coronavirus Pandemic for 140 days and have written 211 research-based blog posts on COVID-19 in these 140 days.
India has become the third country in the world (after USA and Brazil) to cross 16 lakh (1.6 million) Coronavirus cases. The case tally is 16,32,422, which means that 1 in 846 people in India have tested positive for the disease at some time or the other.
The country also crossed Italy in death count and with 35,712 deaths now stands at the No.5 rank, behind USA, Brazil, UK and Mexico.
It was the eleventh country to cross 1 lakh cases, the seventh to cross 2 lakh cases, the fourth to cross 3, 4, 5 and 6 lakh cases and the third to cross 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 lakh cases.
It took 109 days for India to cross the first 1 lakh cases, 15 days to cross 2 lakh, 10 days to cross 3 lakh, 8 days to cross 4 lakh, 6 days to cross 5 lakh, 5 days each to cross 6 and 7 lakh cases, 4 days each to cross 8 and 9 lakh cases, 3 days each to cross 10, 11 and 12 lakh cases, and 2 days each to cross 13, 14, 15, and now 16 lakh cases.
In the last 14 days, India has recorded 43,873 average daily cases and accounted for 17.66% of total worldwide cases. In the previous 14 days, India averaged 26,068 daily cases, which means India has seen a 68.3% growth in cases in the last two weeks compared to the previous two weeks.
In the past 7 days, India recorded 49,243 cases/day, or 19% of total worldwide cases. India has 17.7% of the world’s population.
The Greater Mumbai Metropolitan Region has reported over 1.93 lakh Covid cases, of which 1.13 lakh are from Mumbai city alone. The National Capital Region (sometimes also referred to as Greater Delhi) has reported over 1.63 lakh cases, of which 1.34 lakh are from Delhi city (state) alone. Greater Chennai has reported over 1.12 lakh cases.
About 64.3% of cases in India have recovered, which is higher than the global recovery rate of 62.3%. India’s Fatality Rate (percentage of deaths) at 2.19% is much lower than the global Fatality Rate of 3.89%.
India has only conducted 13,172 Tests per Million (TPM). The two countries with more cases than India have done far more testing — USA has done 1,71,191 TPM or ~13 times India’s testing rate; and Brazil has done 59,253 TPM or ~4.7 times India’s testing rate. The UK has done 2,27,926 TPM and Russia 1,88,912 TPM.
Excluding India, the Top 29 countries in terms of number of cases have conducted an average of 70,179 TPM, or ~5.33 times that of India.
Only Philippines, Pakistan, Mexico, Bangladesh, Indonesia and Egypt have tested lesser than India.
Despite ramping up testing by a massive 96.7% in the last 30 days compared to the previous 30 days, India still needs to ramp us testing even more to catch up with MOST of the rest of the world, as we should not need to compare India with Philippines, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Egypt.
Are PM Narendra Modi, Home Minister Amit Shah, Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan —as well as CMs of states — conscious of the above testing data comparisons?
OTHER COVID-19 HEADLINES:
- The world crossed 17 million (1.7 crore) cases.
- USA crossed 4.5 million cases.
- Brazil crossed 2.5 million cases.
- Mexico and Peru became the 6th & 7th countries to cross 400,000 (4 lakh) cases.
- Chile became the 8th country to cross 350,000 cases.
- Iran overtook UK to reach the No.10 rank in cases.
- Colombia overtook Saudi Arabia to reach the No.13 rank in cases.
- Iran overtook Canada to reach the No.21 rank in cases.
- Philippines overtook China to reach the No.27 rank in cases. Yes, incredibly, China is now at the No.28 rank in cases!!!
- Mexico became the fourth country to cross 45,000 deaths.
- India became the sixth country to cross 35,000 deaths.
READ THESE RECENT POSTS:
Will we see 300,000 Coronavirus Cases in a day today or tomorrow?
Indian Air Force gets first 5 RAFALEs
30% of India’s Covid cases have been recorded in the past 10 days
India’s Positivity Rate Continues to Climb
Did my article cause panic in some state governments? India logs 45,600 cases!!!
Which Indian States are managing Coronavirus well and which are not?
Fact Check: Are women leaders managing Covid better than male leaders?
Are Some European Nations Purposely Hiding Covid-19 Cases and Deaths?
Does Rahul Gandhi Have Memory Loss?
India’s Diplomacy and Show of Strength Pay Off — China Starts Backing Out
What Does This World Map Show Us?
Indians Rising in Foreign Governments
The Army Chief vs. the Prime Minister
Why Did Chinese Troops Enter India?
Why China Should Actually Have Over 4.08 Million Cases?
Grow Up Mr. Rahul Gandhi — The Enemy is NOT Modi; it IS China
LATEST UPDATES (at 2:00 pm UTC; 30 July 2020):
- The world has crossed 17.285 million (1.728 crore) cases
- The global death toll is over 6,72,100
- With 16,32,422 cases and 35,712 deaths, India is No.3 in cases and No.5 in deaths.
- India’s Maharashtra state, with 4,11,798 cases and 14,729 deaths, would rank No.6 in cases and No.11 in deaths if it were a country
- 4 countries have crossed 7,50,000 cases (up from 0 on April 3)
- 7 countries have crossed 4,00,000 cases (up from 0 on April 3)
- 14 countries have crossed 2,50,000 cases (up from 1 on April 3)
- 20 countries have crossed 1,50,000 cases (up from 1 on April 3)
- 24 countries have crossed 1,00,000 cases (up from 3 on April 3)
- 43 countries have crossed 50,000 cases (up from 8 on April 3)
- 59 countries have crossed 25,000 cases (up from 11 on April 3)
- 2 countries have crossed 90,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 4 countries have crossed 45,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 8 countries have crossed 25,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 11 countries have crossed 10,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 23 countries have crossed 5,000 deaths (up from 5 on April 3)
- 30 countries have crossed 2,500 deaths (up from 7 on April 3)
- 45 countries have crossed 1,000 deaths (up from 10 on April 3)