I have been doing Data Analytics Studies on the Coronavirus Pandemic for 48 days and have written 119 research-based blog posts on COVID-19 in these 48 days.
The 20 countries in this Table are the ones which have reported the most number of COVID-19 related deaths till a few minutes ago. They comprise 226,349 COVID-19 deaths, which is 93.9% of total 240,974 deaths worldwide.
The Compounded Daily Growth Rate (“CDGR“) has been calculated for a 16-day period from April 16 to May 2, and the same CDGR has been applied to project the deaths on May 18; however, there may be changes based on the situation in each country over the next 16 days, or due to a difference in the exact time when data was reported on April 16 or today.
As you can see from the Table, Russia and Mexico have the highest CDGR, based on which both these countries are expected to move up 5 ranks in deaths. Peru, and Canada are expected to move up 3 ranks, while Brazil is expected to move up 2 ranks. UK is expected to move from Rank 3 to Rank 2.
As USA has a substantially higher death count than the current No.2 (Italy) and No.3 (UK), USA will maintain its No.1 position, even though it has a lower CDGR than UK. India is also expected to maintain its rank.
Germany, Belgium, France, Spain, and Italy are expected to go down 1 rank; Ireland, Sweden, Netherlands, and Iran down 2 ranks; China and Switzerland down 4 ranks.
Another Proof that India is Not Testing Aggressively Enough for COVID-19
India’s Covid-19 Infection Rate Is Low Because Testing Continues To Be Low
Let’s Talk About Mortality Rates
Declining Trends Bring Good News
New York, Singapore, London & Mumbai – A Tale of Four Cities
Recoveries Vs. Deaths in 20 Countries with Most Cases
USA crosses 1 Million Cases, 8 American states cross 30,000
Which Countries have the Most Cases per Million Residents?
Is India Conducting Tests or Reporting Data Wrongly?
Why do Eastern & North-eastern India still have Low Covid-19 Cases?
LATEST UPDATES (at 3:15 pm UTC):
- The world has crossed 3.442 million cases
- The Top 23 countries have together crossed 3 million cases
- The global death toll is over 242,200
- India has reached 39,311 cases and 1,319 deaths as per covid19india.org
- In terms of rank in no. of cases, India is at No.16 (up from No.22 on April 14)
- India’s Maharashtra state, with 12,296 cases, would rank No.35 in the world if it were a country (up from No.44 on April 24)
- Russia overtook Turkey to reach No.7 rank in number of cases
- 6 countries have crossed 150,000 cases (up from 1 on April 8)
- 11 countries have crossed 75,000 cases (up from 4 on April 3)
- 20 countries have crossed 25,000 cases (up from 11 on April 3)
- 29 countries have crossed 15,000 cases (up from 16 on April 16)
- 37 countries have crossed 10,000 cases (up from 23 on April 16)
- 43 countries have crossed 7,500 cases (up from 26 on April 16)
51 countries have crossed 5,000 cases (up from 20 on April 16)
- Spain became the 4th country to cross 25,000 deaths
- 5 countries have 20,000+ deaths (up from just 1 on April 3)
- 9 countries have 5000+ deaths (up from 5 on April 3)
- 14 countries have 2500+ deaths (up from 7 on April 3)
- 22 countries have 1000+ deaths (up from 10 on April 3)
- 27 countries have 500+ deaths (up from 16 on April 16)