I have been doing Data Analytics Studies on the Coronavirus Pandemic for 82 days and have written 137 research-based blog posts on COVID-19 in these 82 days.
India has become the 7th country in the world to cross 200,000 COVID-19 cases. It was the 16th country to cross 25,000 cases on April 25, 15th to cross 50,000 cases on May 6, 12th to cross 75,000 cases on May 13, 11th to cross 100,000 cases on May 18 and also 11th to cross 125,000 cases on May 23, 10th to cross 150,000 cases on May 26, and 9th to cross 175,000 cases on May 30 (3 days ago).
Of the 7 countries with over 200,000 cases, 4 (Russia, Spain, UK, and Italy) are in Europe, and 1 each are in North America (USA), Central & South America (Brazil), and Asia (India).
It took India 11 days to reach 50,000 cases from 25,000, 7 days to reach 75,000 cases, 5 days to reach 100,000 cases, 5 days to reach 125,000 cases, 3 days to reach 150,000 cases, 4 days to reach 175,000 cases, and 3 days to reach 200,000 cases.
At the current growth rate of the Top 10 countries, India is expected to take 4 days to overtake Italy to reach the No.6 rank, 9 days to overtake Spain to reach the No.5 rank, and 10 days to overtake UK to reach the No.4 rank.
Over 35% of the cases in India are from Maharashtra state alone.
READ THESE RECENT POSTS:
What Does this World Map Show?
India Overtakes Germany and France to Become Country with 7th Most Cases
Brazil 500 not out, Russia 400 not out
India Becomes 13th Country with 5,000+ Covid-19 Deaths
4 Countries including India account for 55% of New Covid-19 Cases in Last 6 Days
Brazil 2nd Country with 400,000+ Covid-19 Cases, 6th with 25,000+ Deaths
India Reports Highest Single Day Coronavirus Cases And Deaths
Why Has Testing Reduced in India?
US Covid-19 Death Toll Crosses 100,000
Asia Crosses 1,000,000 Covid-19 Cases
Memorial Day Becomes Memorable Day
LATEST UPDATES (at 1:15 pm UTC; June 2, 2020):
- The world has crossed 6.405 million cases
- The global death toll is over 378,100
- India has reported 201,007 cases and 5,628 deaths so far. In terms of number of cases, India is at the No.7 rank in the world (up from No.22 on April 14). India’s Maharashtra state, with 70,013 cases, would rank No.19 in the world if it were a country (up from No.44 on April 24)
- Chile became the 13th country to cross 100,000 cases
- Mexico overtook Canada to attain the No.14 rank in number of cases
- Pakistan became the 18th country to cross 75,000 cases
- Qatar overtook Belgium to attain the No.19 rank in number of cases
- Bangladesh became the 21st country to cross 50,000 cases
- 12 countries have crossed 150,000 cases (up from 1 on April 3)
- 13 countries have crossed 100,000 cases (up from 3 on April 3)
- 21 countries have crossed 50,000 cases (up from 8 on April 3)
- 35 countries have crossed 25,000 cases (up from 11 on April 3)
- 45 countries have crossed 15,000 cases (up from 16 on April 16)
- 55 countries have crossed 10,000 cases (up from 23 on April 16)
- Brazil became the 4th country to cross 30,000 deaths
- Mexico became the 7th country to cross 10,000 deaths
- Russia became the 14th country to cross 5,000 deaths
- 6 countries have crossed 25,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 14 countries have crossed 5,000 deaths (up from 5 on April 3)
- 19 countries have crossed 2,500 deaths (up from 7 on April 3)
- 28 countries have crossed 1,000 deaths (up from 10 on April 3)
- 41 countries have crossed 500 deaths (up from 16 on April 16)