I have been conducting Data Analytics Studies on the Coronavirus Pandemic for 99 days and have written 155 research-based blog posts on COVID-19 in these 99 days.
In 24 hours between mid-day (12:00 noon) UTC yesterday and today, there have been many changes in the Top 28 countries which have reported a minimum of 48,000 positive Covid cases.
PERU overtook Italy to reach the No.7 rank.
CHILE overtook Iran and Germany to reach the No.9 rank, mainly as it reported 31,422 cases that had occurred in the past. In doing so, the small South American country with a population of 19.11 million also became the 9th country to cross 200,000 cases.
PAKISTAN overtook Mexico and France to reach the No.13 rank.
MEXICO itself overtook France but retained its No.14 rank as Pakistan had overtaken it.
BANGLADESH overtook Canada to reach the No.17 rank.
COLOMBIA overtook Belarus to reach the No.23 rank.
EGYPT overtook Ecuador and Netherlands to reach the No.26 rank.
There is a huge gap of 20,064 cases between No.21 South Africa and No.22 Belgium. The Top 21 countries now account for more than 83.3% of worldwide Covid-19 cases.
READ THESE RECENT POSTS:
Brazil Posts 37,278 Cases in One Day
India Reports 2006 Deaths in 24 Hours
India 8th Country to Cross 10,000 Deaths
Russia, Qatar, Spain and UK Have Tested 10% of Population; UAE Over 26.5%
Why is the 8 Million Covid-19 Cases Milestone Important for the World?
India Overtakes Spain and UK to reach World No.4 rank in Covid-19 cases
Which Indian States are conducting the most & least number of Covid-19 Tests?
Russia Crosses 500,000 Covid-19 Cases
Indian Government is Wrong: Covid-19 has not been managed well
USA Crosses 2,000,0000 Covid-19 Cases
Maharashtra Now Has More Coronavirus Cases than China
What Does this World Map Show?
LATEST UPDATES (at 4:00 pm UTC; June 18, 2020):
- The world has crossed 8.492 million cases
- The global death toll is over 452,600
- India has reported 372,767 cases and 12,389 deaths. India is No.4 in the world in number of cases (up from No.22 on April 14) and No.8 in number of deaths. Maharashtra state, with 116,752 cases and 5,651 deaths, would rank No.17 in cases and No.16 in deaths if it were a country
- UK became the 5th country to cross 300,000 cases
- Chile became the 9th country to cross 200,000 cases
- Bangladesh and Canada became the 17th and 18th countries to cross 100,000 cases
- 6 countries have crossed 250,000 cases (up from 0 on April 1)
- 15 countries have crossed 150,000 cases (up from 1 on April 3)
- 18 countries have crossed 100,000 cases (up from 3 on April 3)
- 25 countries have crossed 50,000 cases (up from 8 on April 3)
- 41 countries have crossed 25,000 cases (up from 11 on April 3)
- 53 countries have crossed 15,000 cases (up from 16 on April 16)
- 63 countries have crossed 10,000 cases (up from 23 on April 16)
- Sweden became the 16th country to cross 5,000 deaths
- Pakistan became the 21st country to cross 3,000 deaths
- 3 countries have crossed 40,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 6 countries have crossed 25,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 16 countries have crossed 5,000 deaths (up from 5 on April 3)
- 21 countries have crossed 2,500 deaths (up from 7 on April 3)
- 33 countries have crossed 1,000 deaths (up from 10 on April 3)
- 44 countries have crossed 500 deaths (up from 16 on April 16)