I have been conducting Data Analytics Studies on the Coronavirus Pandemic for 99 days and have written 156 research-based blog posts on COVID-19 in these 99 days.
I don’t know how I missed this earlier.
In 24 hours between midnight UTC on June 16 and midnight UTC on June 17, the world added 145,954 new Covid-cases, a new daily record. The previous highest of 143,409 new cases was on the day before that. So the last 2 days have seen 2 new records.
Both days saw an increase of 1.76% over the previous day, the highest since June 12, which recorded a 1.88% increase.
The last 8 days have seen 1,092,704 new Covid cases at an average of 136,588 new cases per day. This is also a record for any 8-day period.
Brazil contributed 19.97% of these 1,092,704 cases, USA contributed 17.29%, India 8.46% and Russia 6.23%. So, these 4 countries alone accounted for almost 52% of all the new Covid cases worldwide in these 8 days. In the last one month, these 4 countries have accounted for 53.64% of all Covid cases worldwide.
READ THESE RECENT POSTS:
Major Reshuffle in Top 28 Countries with most Covid-19 Cases
Brazil Posts 37,278 Cases in One Day
India Reports 2006 Deaths in 24 Hours
India 8th Country to Cross 10,000 Deaths
Russia, Qatar, Spain and UK Have Tested 10% of Population; UAE Over 26.5%
Why is the 8 Million Covid-19 Cases Milestone Important for the World?
India Overtakes Spain and UK to reach World No.4 rank in Covid-19 cases
Which Indian States are conducting the most & least number of Covid-19 Tests?
Russia Crosses 500,000 Covid-19 Cases
Indian Government is Wrong: Covid-19 has not been managed well
USA Crosses 2,000,0000 Covid-19 Cases
Maharashtra Now Has More Coronavirus Cases than China
What Does this World Map Show?
LATEST UPDATES (at 5:45 pm UTC; June 18, 2020):
- The world has crossed 8.515 million cases
- The global death toll is over 453,500
- India has reported 378,171 cases and 12,539 deaths. India is No.4 in the world in number of cases (up from No.22 on April 14) and No.8 in number of deaths. Maharashtra state, with 120,504 cases and 5,751 deaths, would rank No.17 in cases and No.16 in deaths if it were a country
- UK became the 5th country to cross 300,000 cases
- Chile became the 9th country to cross 200,000 cases
- Bangladesh and Canada became the 17th and 18th countries to cross 100,000 cases
- 6 countries have crossed 250,000 cases (up from 0 on April 1)
- 15 countries have crossed 150,000 cases (up from 1 on April 3)
- 18 countries have crossed 100,000 cases (up from 3 on April 3)
- 25 countries have crossed 50,000 cases (up from 8 on April 3)
- 42 countries have crossed 25,000 cases (up from 11 on April 3)
- 53 countries have crossed 15,000 cases (up from 16 on April 16)
- 63 countries have crossed 10,000 cases (up from 23 on April 16)
- Sweden became the 16th country to cross 5,000 deaths
- Pakistan became the 21st country to cross 3,000 deaths
- 3 countries have crossed 40,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 6 countries have crossed 25,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 16 countries have crossed 5,000 deaths (up from 5 on April 3)
- 21 countries have crossed 2,500 deaths (up from 7 on April 3)
- 33 countries have crossed 1,000 deaths (up from 10 on April 3)
- 44 countries have crossed 500 deaths (up from 16 on April 16)