I have been conducting Data Analytics Studies on the Coronavirus Pandemic for 101 days and have written 160 research-based blog posts on COVID-19 in these 101 days.
Yesterday (June 19) Brazil reported not just its highest ever daily count of 55,209 Covid-19 cases, but also the single highest addition of cases by any country on a single day since the epidemic broke out in China in late 2019. The previous record was held by USA, which reported 39,072 cases on April 24. Brazil’s previous highest daily tally was 37,278 cases on June 16.
USA crossed 30,000 cases for the first time in 49 days since May 1, reporting 33,539 new cases yesterday. Brazil has crossed 30,000 cases 9 times since May 30.
Brazil has added 599,756 new Covid cases in the past 22 days since May 28, at an average of 27,262 cases per day.
India also recorded its highest daily case count of 14,721, which was 6.5% higher than the previous record of 13,827 cases on June 18.
The record cases reported by Brazil and India — and the high count reported by USA —helped the world record a new high of 180,897 cases yesterday. The previous world record was 146,111 new Covid-cases on June 17 and the next highest was 143,566 new cases on June 16. So the last 4 days have seen 3 new records.
The last 10 days have seen 1,414,986 new cases in the world at an average of almost 141,500 cases per day. This is also a record for any 10-day period.
Brazil contributed 21% of these 1,414,583 cases, USA contributed 17.8%, India 8.6% and Russia 5.9%. So, these 4 countries alone accounted for 53.3% of all the new Covid cases worldwide in the last 10 days. In the last month, these 4 countries have accounted for 53.93% of all Covid cases worldwide.
READ THESE RECENT POSTS:
LATEST UPDATES (at 01:15 am UTC; June 20, 2020):
- The world has crossed 8.756 million cases
- The global death toll is over 462,500
- India has reported 395,812 cases and 12,970 deaths. India is No.4 in the world in number of cases (up from No.22 on April 14) and No.8 in number of deaths. Maharashtra state, with 124,331 cases and 5,893 deaths, would rank No.17 in cases and No.16 in deaths if it were a country
- UK became the 5th country to cross 300,000 cases
- Iran became the 10th country to cross 200,000 cases
- Saudi Arabia became the 16th country to cross 150,000 cases
- Canada became the 18th country to cross 100,000 cases
- Egypt became the 26th country to cross 50,000 cases
- 6 countries have crossed 250,000 cases (up from 0 on April 1)
- 16 countries have crossed 150,000 cases (up from 1 on April 3)
- 18 countries have crossed 100,000 cases (up from 3 on April 3)
- 26 countries have crossed 50,000 cases (up from 8 on April 3)
- 43 countries have crossed 25,000 cases (up from 11 on April 3)
- 53 countries have crossed 15,000 cases (up from 16 on April 16)
- 64 countries have crossed 10,000 cases (up from 23 on April 16)
- Mexico became the 7th country to cross 20,000 deaths
- Chile became the 20th country to cross 4,000 deaths
- Egypt became the 23rd country to cross 2,000 deaths
- 3 countries have crossed 40,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 6 countries have crossed 25,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 16 countries have crossed 5,000 deaths (up from 5 on April 3)
- 21 countries have crossed 2,500 deaths (up from 7 on April 3)
- 33 countries have crossed 1,000 deaths (up from 10 on April 3)
- 45 countries have crossed 500 deaths (up from 16 on April 16)