I have been conducting Data Analytics Studies on the Coronavirus Pandemic for 102 days and have written 162 research-based blog posts on COVID-19 in these 102 days.
Brazil has become the second country in the world (after USA) to cross 50,000 COVID-19 related deaths. USA has reported almost 122,000 deaths.
On Friday, Brazil had become the 2nd country to cross 1,000,000 (1 million or 10 lakh) cases and had set a new world record of 55,209 new cases in a day. Brazil started emerging as the world’s top hotspot for the Coronavirus pandemic in mid-May. In the last one week, Brazil’s growth rate in cases has been 2.76 times that of USA.
It took Brazil 54 days to reach its first 10,000 deaths, 12 days to reach 20,000 deaths, 11 days to reach 30,000 deaths, 10 days to reach 40,000 deaths, and now 9 days to reach 50,000 deaths.
On June 4, Brazil reported its highest ever single-day tally of 1,492 deaths. In the last 5 days, Brazil has reported an average of 1,188 daily deaths. or 22.4% of total worldwide deaths. In the last 30 days, Brazil has reported an average of 999 daily deaths, or 22.64% of the global deaths. In comparison, USA reported an average of 847 daily deaths, which is 19.19% of the global deaths.
Brazil’s Fatality Rate (percentage of deaths) at 4.68% is lower than the global Fatality Rate of 5.24%. Brazil’s Fatality rate was 5.53% just 15 days ago and has come down substantially.
READ THESE RECENT POSTS:
India Crosses 400,000 Covid-19 Cases
Record 55,209 Cases in Brazil result in New Global Daily Record 180,897 Cases
Why is India’s Positivity Rate for Covid-19 Cases keeping on Climbing?
UK 300k; Iran 200k; Saudi Arabia 150k; Canada 100k; Egypt 50k
Brazil becomes Second Country after USA to cross 1,000,000 Covid-19 Cases
Major Reshuffle in Top 28 Countries with most Covid-19 Cases
Russia, Qatar, Spain and UK Have Tested 10% of Population; UAE Over 26.5%
Why is the 8 Million Covid-19 Cases Milestone Important for the World?
India Overtakes Spain and UK to reach World No.4 rank in Covid-19 cases
Which Indian States are conducting the most & least number of Covid-19 Tests?
Russia Crosses 500,000 Covid-19 Cases
Indian Government is Wrong: Covid-19 has not been managed well
What Does this World Map Show?
LATEST UPDATES (at 4:00 am UTC; June 21, 2020):
- The world has crossed 8.915 million cases
- The global death toll is over 466,700
- With 411,727 cases and 13,277 deaths. India is No.4 in the world in cases (up from No.22 on April 14) and No.8 deaths. Maharashtra state, with 128,205 cases and 5,984 deaths, would rank No.17 in cases and No.16 in deaths if it were a country
- Peru became the 7th country to cross 250,000 cases
- Pakistan overtook Mexico to reach the No.13 rank in number of cases
- 7 countries have crossed 250,000 cases (up from 0 on April 1)
- 16 countries have crossed 150,000 cases (up from 1 on April 3)
- 18 countries have crossed 100,000 cases (up from 3 on April 3)
- 26 countries have crossed 50,000 cases (up from 8 on April 3)
- 44 countries have crossed 25,000 cases (up from 11 on April 3)
- 53 countries have crossed 15,000 cases (up from 16 on April 16)
- 64 countries have crossed 10,000 cases (up from 23 on April 16)
- Mexico became the 7th country to cross 20,000 deaths
- Russia became the 13th country to cross 8,000 deaths
- Chile became the 20th country to cross 4,000 deaths
- 2 countries have crossed 50,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 6 countries have crossed 25,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 8 countries have crossed 10,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 16 countries have crossed 5,000 deaths (up from 5 on April 3)
- 21 countries have crossed 2,500 deaths (up from 7 on April 3)
- 34 countries have crossed 1,000 deaths (up from 10 on April 3)
- 47 countries have crossed 500 deaths (up from 16 on April 16)