I have been conducting Data Analytics Studies on the Coronavirus Pandemic for 147 days and have written 216 research-based blog posts on COVID-19 in these 147 days.
Yes, the United States of America (USA) has crossed 5,000,000 (five million or 50 lac) Covid19 cases. USA has 26.14% of the world’s total cases and its case count is higher than the next two countries — Brazil and India — put together.
California state has crossed 533,000 cases, Florida has crossed 510,000, Texas 482,000 and New York 447,000 cases; Georgia has crossed 201,000; New Jersey, Illinois and Arizona have each crossed 183,000; North Carolina and Louisiana have each crossed 127,000; Pennsylvania, Massachusetts and Tennessee have crossed 114,000 cases.
At 162,101 deaths, the US has 22.7% of the world’s death count.
USA reached its first 500,000 (half million) cases in 70 days, 1 million in 17 days, 1.5 million in 19 days, 2 million in 22 days, 2.5 million in 18 days, 3 million in 11 days, 3.5 million in 8 days, 4 million and 4.5 million in in 7 days each, and now 5 million in 9 days.
In the last seven days, the US reported an average of 58,024 cases per day, compared to 66,480 cases per day in the previous seven days, a decline of 12.7%. Maybe US President Donald Trump was right when he recently said that the US now has the pandemic under control.
OTHER COVID-19 HEADLINES:
- The world crossed 19 million cases.
- India became the third country to cross 2 million cases.
- South Africa became the fifth country to cross 500,000 cases.
- Mexico became the sixth country to cross 450,000 cases.
- Spain became the ninth country to cross 350,000 cases.
- Colombia overtook UK and Iran to reach the No.10 rank in cases. The Top 10 now have 5 countries from Central & South America (Brazil, Mexico, Peru, Chile and Colombia), 2 from Europe (Russia and Spain), USA, India and South Africa.
- Saudi Arabia overtook Pakistan to reach the No.13 rank in cases.
- Bangladesh overtook Italy to reach the No.15 rank in cases.
- Argentina overtook France and Germany to reach the No.18 rank in cases.
- There have been several changes in the 22nd to 30th rank. Philippines is now No.22, Indonesia 23, Canada 24, Qatar 2, Kazakhstan 26, Egypt 27, Ecuador 28, Bolivia (a new entrant into the Top 30) at No.29 and China at No.30. Yes, incredibly, the one and only China is now at the No.30 rank in cases!!!
- Peru became the ninth country to cross 20,000 deaths.
- Iraq became the 24th country to cross 5,000 deaths.
READ THESE RECENT POSTS:
LATEST UPDATES (at 6:20 pm UTC; 6 August 2020):
- The world has crossed 19.126 million (1.91 crore) cases
- The global death toll is over 714,000
- With 2,025,338 cases and 41,634 deaths, India is No.3 in cases and No.5 in deaths.
- India’s Maharashtra state, with 479,779 cases and 16,792 deaths, would rank No.6 in cases and No.11 in deaths if it were a country
- 4 countries have crossed 750,000 cases (up from 0 on April 3)
- 7 countries have crossed 400,000 cases (up from 0 on April 3)
- 14 countries have crossed 250,000 cases (up from 1 on April 3)
- 20 countries have crossed 150,000 cases (up from 1 on April 3)
- 25 countries have crossed 100,000 cases (up from 3 on April 3)
- 45 countries have crossed 50,000 cases (up from 8 on April 3)
- 2 countries have crossed 97,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 5 countries have crossed 40,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 9 countries have crossed 20,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 12 countries have crossed 10,000 deaths (up from 0 on April 3)
- 24 countries have crossed 5,000 deaths (up from 5 on April 3)
- 31 countries have crossed 2,500 deaths (up from 7 on April 3)
- 46 countries have crossed 1,000 deaths (up from 10 on April 3)